A room in the attic — is to transcend daily life and concerns. However, during the planning of the interior of the attic can be difficult due to the geometric configuration of the roof, so when constructing a roof space it is important to properly manage the available space. We asked interior designer Mary Borovoe, that is important to consider zoning and design mansard roof.
Advantages and disadvantages
The main advantage of a roof space is a beautiful panoramic view from the Windows, and the ability to bring to the room a unique design. The sloping roof will give an original and unique look to your interior, but if you correctly consider the design of the Windows, you can create a great illumination from natural sunlight. In the attic there is also a possibility to install a fireplace that will give the interior comfort and chic.
You need to remember about various psychological issues. Many believe that when staying in a room with sloping walls is not very comfortable. They “put pressure” on people, creating discomfort. It is therefore necessary to leave the attic more air and light in order not to overload the interior.
Another point is the correct placing of furniture. How to make a loft?
- Windows, which are located in the attic it is better to do large, to avoid any obstacle to light and air.
- Because of the geometric lines of the attic, the interior layout must be approached more carefully and consider each roof slope.
- It is necessary to emphasize the elegance of the room, you can focus during the design of Windows and the slant of the walls.
- With proper furniture placement can efficiently use all the space.
- Also, pay attention to lighting. It is important that the room was not dark in the evening hours.
- The room can be divided into zones. It is necessary to consider all the tilts and slants of the walls.
- Best in interior to choose more vivid shades.
The attic should be issued in one unified style. For example, a great option would be a modern style with elements of Provence Chalet or English classics. Stylistic direction combines romantic and airy furnished in bright colors. In the room is a comfortable and cozy atmosphere.
In the attic you can arrange a bedroom to make a romantic atmosphere, where you always want to relax. Bed it is best to place the foot to the window. In this case, you can constantly enjoy the night sky or the sunrise.
Great attention should be paid to the design of the window. Dark and heavy curtains — not the best variant in the design of the Windows of the attic.
As for furniture, in the attic, use a multi-level furniture and joinery to use the space most advantageously.
At registration for the attic nursery, the room can be divided into two zones, and each of them to arrange differently. When the design of the kitchen in the attic is worth more to pay attention to the illumination of the working space, and if you plan to arrange on the loft living room, you can install mirrors with lighting that will visually expand the space.
An unusual option is the clearance on the loft bathroom. The main thing — competently to plan all the necessary communications and to create the interior atmosphere of relaxation.
Don’t be afraid to experiment!
Thank you for the advice of interior designer Mary Borovoe.