Vanessa Bryant at the time of the incident was only 37 years old when she tragically lost her husband Kobe Bryant and their 13-year-old daughter Janno Maria-Onore Bryant in the result of a horrific helicopter crash, the disaster which occurred on 26 January 2020.
The wife of Kobe Bryant, Vanessa Bryant, most likely, your heart shattered into a million pieces the day 26 January, when she learned that her husband, who will always be known as one of the greatest NBA players of all time, and their 13-year-old daughter, Gianna Maria, died in a helicopter crash in the County of Los Angeles, Kalabas-city. It happened around 10 a.m. local time, the NBA star was on Board the helicopter Sikorsky S-75. According to the journalists and the media, Kobe, who at the time of death was only 41 years old, was travelling with four other people, including his daughter in that horrible crash. Survivor was not. Luckily, Vanessa was not one of the list of passengers on the helicopter, but she probably will forever be heartbroken over this horrible tragedy. Want to know more about her? See five facts below.
1. Despite the fame of her husband, Vanessa is quite personal and independent life. She has 1.9 million followers Instagram, but her account is closed. She was born 5 may 1982 maiden name Vanessa Cornejo Abrita.
2. Kobe and Vanessa married in 2001. NBA player once admitted that he met his wife in 1999. At the time he was 21 and she was 17 years old. According to one of the American publications about Hollywood stories, Kobe proposed to her six months after their meeting, and they didn’t sign a prenup.
3. Their marriage has also gone through a lawsuit about sexual abuse. Kobe was accused of raping a 19-year-old employee of the hotel in 2004. However, he said that sexual intercourse was consensual, and apologized for cheating on his wife. In September 2004 against the basketball player was charged with sexual assault, but the case was dismissed three weeks after it was filed because the woman didn’t want to continue the work.
4. Vanessa filed for divorce from Kobe in 2011. She cited the arguments of “irreconcilable differences” as the reason for the split, but in 2013 the couple announced that they had cancelled the divorce and stayed married until his death.
5. She and Kobe Bryant, four children, and all four girls. Natalia diamante was born in January 2003, and Gianna Maria-Onore , who was in a helicopter with Kobe and died, was born in may 2006, Bianca Bella was born in December 2016, and Capri Kobe in June 2019, after his retirement in 2015, it released a statement which said: “I’m so excited to see what God has in store for our family, when one Chapter closes and new ones open.” Now, after the tragedy, it was heartbreaking message.