Opera singer spoke about the plans for the near future.
Dmitri Hvorostovsky, Anna Netrebko and Yusif Ayvazov
Photo: @Facebook Hvorostovsky Dmitri Hvorostovsky
The courageous struggle of Dmitri Hvorostovsky with cancer lasted nearly two years. Despite serious illness, the artist until recently kept performing. However, in December last year, he said that because of the deteriorating health forced to take a break in the career of an Opera singer for an indefinite period.
Recently Dmitry has shared with fans great news: on 25th April he will return to the big stage. Gala concert under the name “Trio Magnifico”, where Hvorostovsky will appear for the first time in a few months, will be held in Toronto. Dmitry is a unique fact that will be the first joint appearance on stage with Anna Netrebko and her husband Yusif by Ivanovym. The singer said that is in pleasant anticipation of the upcoming return.
Dmitry has ambitious plans. He has already scheduled performances for the winter this year. It is reported that he will again take the stage of the Royal Opera house, Covent garden in London. Hvorostovsky will sing the role of Rigoletto in a production by David McVicar. According to media reports, the Opera will run from December 14, 2017 January 16, 2018.
The news that Hvorostovsky once again managed to prevail over cancer could not lead his fans wild. Recall that in 2015, the doctors gave Dimitri a disappointing diagnosis — brain cancer.