Chuy Bravo was the most famous of the late night show Chelsea Handler from 2007 to 2014. Here are five things you need to know about the actor who, unfortunately, died at the age of 63 years.
Mexican-American actor who became known as the assistant to Chelsea Handler in “Chelsea”, who unfortunately died at the age of 63 years. This news comes only a week after the comedian wished him a happy birthday via Instagram on December 7. “Happy birthday to my OG Nugget @chuybravo”, — she wrote, Recalling its long-standing nickname. “I like this picture because it not only looks like Chuy just got out of my Pikachu, but like ZZ Top. Happy birthday, Chuy, and thanks for 8 years of hard work,” she added. Here are 5 things you need to know about the entertainer.
1. He starred in Chelsea lately. Chui heard about casting for a new show, “Chelsea” in 2012 and that she was specifically looking for the “little man”. After a successful audition, the actor was in the spotlight on the show as her sidekick to the cancellation of the show in 2014 and was often the subject of her jokes.
2. He was born in Mexico. Chui was born in Tangancicuaro, Michoacan, Mexico, 7 December 1956. His name was Jesus Melgoza, he is the youngest and seventh child of a large family. The family moved to Los Angeles when Chewie was 15 years old, and settled in the valley of San Fernando. He later graduated from high school in Sylmar, and then started acting.
3. He was an actor. While he is best known for his role as assistant at Chelsea, now non-existent! In the series Chui received acting experience in the early 1990s. According to his iMDB, he appeared in the johnny Depp movie “pirates of the Caribbean: at world’s end” in 2007, and in the Cedric for honeymooners “the Honeymooners” in 2005.
4. He had health problems. In 2012, Chui confirmed to the magazine “latina” that he was diagnosed with prostate cancer, but he received treatment after he was diagnosed. “I’ve been through in my life, but I overcame his struggle and now I’m finally living my life,” he told the magazine that also talked about his past struggle with alcoholism. His struggle with alcohol later inspired Chewie on the establishment of the Foundation “the Little nugget” to help alcoholics find recovery in Mexico. In his youth, Chewie was diagnosed with dwarfism, which eventually grew to 4 feet 3 inches.
5. He had financial problems. According to reports obtained by Radar Online, Chui declared bankruptcy in California in July 2018. He claimed that he had “zero” income from the paperwork and confirmed that it did not work.