Carol Burnett and Jennifer aniston
James and Dave Franco
Guillermo del Toro
Emma stone and tennis player Billie Jean king
Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel
Sarah Jessica Parker
Emilia Clarke and kit Harington
The award “Golden globe” is kind of a rehearsal “Oscar”. In most cases, the winners of the first match with the victors of the second.
This year the red carpet was part of a protest against sexual harassment. That is why almost all of the stars appeared at the ceremony in black outfits.
Despite the General monochrome images, lucky star outlets were many. So, impressed fashion critics dress Angelina Jolie. The actress made a bid for femininity and refinement, finally stepping down from the image of the sexy diva.
Scandalous trail of the history of the betrayal of brad pitt Jennifer aniston does not think to disappear. That is why the appearance of ex-spouses, especially expected on the red carpet. However, the star of the show “Friends” chose to attend the ceremony after the appointed time, Jennifer only appeared on the stage the ceremony to present an award. Brad pitt did not appear at all. Many tabloids have connected it with unwillingness of both to face with Angelina Jolie.
Careful attention was also focused on Eva Longoria, which was first published after the official announcement about the pregnancy. The actress chose a tight dress with a plunging neckline, which highlighted rounded tummy.
Fashion critics unanimously recognized the image of Jessica Biel best for the evening. The star appeared on the red carpet with her husband and looked incredibly happy. Also, impressive was the outfit Reese Witherspoon, who chose a sophisticated black dress with an unusual form of the neck. The actress, as always, looked perfect, and the onions were generally sexy and sophisticated.
Men also expressed a preference for a black suit. One of the most successful was the image of Chris Hemsworth. His singularity attracted the attention of many fashion critics.
However, the main event of the evening was the presentation of the awards themselves. A unique winner of the award was considered the film Guillermo Del Toro “Form of water”. The film received maximum number of nominations, but in the end received only statuettes for best Director and soundtrack.
A triumphant ceremony was the film “Three billboards outside of Ebbing, Missouri.” The picture is recognized as best in the category “Best dramatic film of the year.” Also noted actor Richard McDormand and Sam Rockwell.
The best TV shows of the year were “the handmaid’s Tale” and “Big little lies” – judging by the number of collected awards.
Full list of winners is as follows:
- Best dramatic film – “Three billboards outside of Ebbing, Missouri”
- Best Director – Guillermo del Toro (“water”)
- Best actor in a drama: Gary Oldman (“the Dark times”)
- Best actress in a motion picture drama – McDormand (“Three billboards outside of Ebbing, Missouri”)
- Best actor 2nd plan- Sam Rockwell (“Three billboards outside of Ebbing, Missouri”)
- Best female role of the 2nd plan- Allison Janney (“I, Tonya”)
- Best musical or Comedy – “Lady Bird”
- Best actor in a Comedy or musical: James Franco (“Mountain-Lord”)
- Best actress in a Comedy or musical – saoirse Ronan (“Lady Bird”)
- Best screenplay – Martin McDonagh (“Three billboards outside of Ebbing, Missouri”)
- Best movie soundtrack – Alexander Depla (“water”)
- Best song – This Is Me (“the Greatest showman”)
- Best foreign language film – “To the limit” (Germany)
- Best animated film – “the Mystery of Coco”
- Best drama series – “the handmaid’s Tale”
- Best actor in a drama series – sterling K. brown (“we”)
- Best actress in a drama series – Elisabeth moss (“the handmaid’s Tale”)
- Best TV movie or mini-series – “Big little lies”
- Best actor in a TV movie or mini-series – Ewan McGregor (“Fargo”)
- Best actress in a television movie or mini-series Nicole Kidman (“Big little lies”)
- Best actress of the 2nd plan in a series, mini-series or TV movie – Laura Dern (“Big little lies”)
- Best actor 2nd plan in a series, mini-series or television movie – Alexander Skarsgard (“Big little lies”)
- Best Comedy series – “the Amazing Mrs Meisel”
- Best actor in a Comedy series – Aziz Ansari (“Master of all trades”)
- Best actress in a Comedy series – Rachel Brosnahan (“the Amazing Mrs. Meisel”)