He asks to go home from camp or may not get along with the caregiver? Psychologist Natalia Tolstaya told how to solve problems. According to experts, children should gradually tear away from the parents, to give them the opportunity to become independent and fit.
Problem # 1
The child does not want to stay in the camp
Parents need to understand that the first few days in any camp, the children whining, “Mom, get me out of here!” This is normal, and the main thing – not to buy into this psychosis. It is not necessary to gasp, groan and feel sorry for the child: it’s no one’s offended, he just is unusual outside the home. Calmly explain that right now take it, can not – for example, going on a business trip. But at the first opportunity will come to him! And also explain why he is in the camp.
Tell me, what is his unique chance to feel like an adult. Maybe that’s where he’ll know who he wants to be in the future, and find new friends. Or open from the other side: for example, in school everyone calls him a Lunatic, and in the camp for a sense of adventure called Jack Sparrow!
ISSUE # 2
Baby can’t make any friends
If your flower of life rings and complains that he can’t find a common language with their peers, explain that he needs to take the initiative and show itself. Together think of what he can do best – to play checkers, swim, or, for example, to sing? Let’s not keep these talents in himself, and will demonstrate them to others. To go on about, to be sorry and take the child from the camp impossible. Perhaps the inability to communicate is a point of pain, and stay in the camp will help the offspring to learn how to communicate with people.
ISSUE # 3
The child has a conflict with a counselor
Teachers in the camps are staffed by professionals trained to communicate with children of all psychological types and situations. So, if your offspring something went wrong with the mentor is likely to question the child. Children often complain that counselors pick on them, too strict, or, on the contrary, ignore. It is important to explain to their kid that the counselors at the moment, for him – as mom and dad, and they need to listen to unquestioningly. In any case, will not question the authority of the teacher: the child needs to feel your confidence that leaders are those who can be trusted.
ISSUE # 4
Child rows with their peers
Sometimes, in the camp children have a conflict. If the son or daughter calls you and complains that someone got in a fight, one should not exaggerate this conflict. Say, say, no longer communicate with this girl/boy. And themselves after speaking call counselors and ask for the “divorce” of the enemy side and see that they have less overlap: for example, to make sure that their beds are not side by side and they are not sitting at the same table during the meal.
ISSUE # 5
The child is shy with peers
Sometimes children, especially girls, are worried that they have in the camp together with the others to wash in the shower. In such a situation should talk to a counselor – even if the daughter takes a bath the last. Child it is important to explain that in the camp he is not alone. Next, a teacher who will always help and ensure that no one is offended.
SIX RULES OF HOW TO RAISE A CHILD TO CAMP
1. Choose a camp to meet the preferences of the child. Include him in what he wants from the rest: to do sports, to improve English… Wrong to send a child to that camp, a place in which you were given at work. Maybe it would be quite interesting.
2. If you are from anxious mothers and fathers, in no case do not discuss how you are going to worry about the child, in her presence. The child will hear and he will be scared! On the contrary, encourage him, saying that now you are an adult and a bold one you go to rest!
3. If possible, arrange with parents girlfriend/boyfriend your offspring, your children have a rest together. This is perfect: the child in the camp will not fear loneliness, it will not close in on itself, and a guarantee of great entertainment.
4. Pre-teach your son or daughter to the regime, because in the camp he will have to live by the General rules. Along with the heir a month before the camps start to get up for the alarm, make the bed, brush your teeth, comb her hair.
5. Before suitcase label baby clothes. Embroider on each (not plain sight) star or something: so in the confusion of the common room wee not lose your closet.
6. Make sure that the child didn’t bring any gadgets, otherwise you’ll sit in them the entire shift. Take the toy! And if Chad expensive phone, while relaxing buy him the easiest machine to avoid theft fashionable device. Don’t forget to record the new means of communication phone numbers of all relatives, in the event that you could gain. Agree with the heir that you will call, say, at eight in the evening, not to pull each other challenges: you – at work, the kids are on vacation.
A psychologist told how to understand what your child should not go to camp. The average child normally brings a separation from parents since the age of seven. But there are those who in the camp can be tight. This, for example, adopted children: in the first years after a child found a new family, it is better with it not separate. Or overly tied to the mother and father of the offspring: if the heir of hysteria goes for a weekend to her grandmother in the camp it is not exactly necessary. Children are used to the new surroundings and proride whole change. According to statistics, such children are about 5% of the total.
We must understand that the camp does not have to solve the problem of your child and the counselors are unlikely to give it more attention than others. You don’t want the child suffered and was ashamed deported home?